How to Enroll in a Dental Plan
Ways to Enroll
Automated Phone System (open 24/7)
- Click here to create a Member Portal account and manage enrollments online (creating a Member Portal account provides other benefits)
- You will need 3 out of 4 of the following items: Florida Medicaid Number, Gold Card Number, Social Security Number, or Date of Birth. *
- Call 1-877-711-3662
- Follow the steps to enroll via the Automated Phone System
- You will need your pin (from the letter) along with the Florida Medicaid or Gold Card Number, and birth year for each person you are enrolling. *
- Medicaid Choice Counselors are available to help you enroll in a plan that best fits your needs.
- Speak with a choice counselor via phone at 1-877-711-3662 Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 8:00pm and Friday 8:00am – 7:00pm.
- TDD users ONLY call 1-866-467-4970
- You will need the Florida Medicaid or Gold Card Number and birth year for each person you are enrolling. *
* If you do not have this information you may contact your Department of Children and Families office.
Who may enroll?
Most Medicaid recipients will receive directions that they must enroll in a Dental plan:
- Information will be provided regarding the plans available in their region
- Name of the plan they are assigned to
- The details about how to make a plan change
When to Enroll By: Plan Choice, Change Period and Rights
- Some Medicaid recipients will receive directions that they must enroll in a plan.
- The 120-day change period, or the time in which recipients can change their plan begins with the effective date of their enrollment in the plan.
- Once a year, recipients will have a chance to change plans during Open Enrollment. Enrollees will receive a reminder letter prior to this time.
- If you want to change plans at a time other than during your Open Enrollment Period, you may need a state-approved good cause reason.