Ways to EnrollOnline
- You can click here to enroll
Call 1-877-711-3662 with your pin
- Follow the steps to enroll via the Automated Phone System
- Medicaid Choice Counselors are available to help you enroll in a Long-term Care (LTC) plan that best fits your needs
- Speak with a choice counselor via phone at 1-877-711-3662 Monday – Thursday, 8:00am to 8:00pm and Friday 8:00am – 7:00pm
- TDD users ONLY call 1-866-467-4970
NOTE: It’s easy to enroll! Just have your Florida Medicaid Number or Social Security Number and birth date for each person you are enrolling. If you do not have this information you may contact your Department of Children and Families office.
Who may enroll?
Some Medicaid recipients are not required to but may choose to enroll if they meet the level of care and all other enrollment requirements.
Some Medicaid recipients will receive directions that they must choose and enroll in a plan:
- Information will be provided regarding the plans available in their region
- The details about when to make a choice
- Name the plan they will be assigned to if a plan is not chosen by them
- However, mandatory recipients may opt out of the LTC program all together at any time
Individuals pending Full Medicaid Approval/Medicaid Pending Choices:
Persons awaiting Medicaid Eligibility from the Department of Children and Families may enroll and get services now
- But these persons may be responsible for out of pocket costs for services received if Medicaid eligibility is not approved
- If you choose to stop the services you are receiving prior to attaining Medicaid approval, you will have to wait until full Medicaid approval has been determined prior to receiving services again.
Enroll and get services later
- May choose to enroll in a plan but not receive services until full Medicaid Eligibility has been determined
- Wait for eligibility to enroll
- May chose to wait until Medicaid eligibility has been determined prior to enrolling in a plan
- Persons awaiting Medicaid Eligibility from the Department of Children and Families may enroll and get services now
For more information about ways to receive services before full Medicaid approval has been determined, please do one of the following:
- Contact your local Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
- Call the toll-free Florida Medicaid Managed Care Helpline at 1-877-711-3662
When to Enroll By: Plan Choice, Change Period and Rights
- Recipients must choose a plan by the date listed in the state-issued letter that was sent to them. Otherwise, a plan will be selected on their behalf.
- The 90-day change period, or the time in which recipients can change their plan begins with the effective date of their enrollment in the plan.
- Once a year recipients will have a chance to change plans during Open Enrollment. Beneficiaries will receive a reminder letter prior to this time.
- Outside of the open enrollment period, recipients will only be able to change plans if there is an agency-approved good cause reason.